Get involved with NCPIE and our health and medicine education initiatives! Membership is open to organizations committed to providing patients, consumers and caregivers with useful health information and education, including:
- Consumer organizations, patient advocacy groups, and voluntary health agencies;
- Organizations representing healthcare professionals and health educators;
- Schools of pharmacy, medicine, nursing and allied health professions;
- Local, state, and federal government agencies;
- Health-related trade associations;
- National and international for-profit companies including pharmaceutical manufacturers, patient information/database companies, managed care organizations, and communication/public relations firms.
Upon joining NCPIE, each member organization is assigned to one of 4 organization categories. These categories permit different segments within NCPIE's coalition to discuss with similar organizations medicine communication and patient information, public policy issues, and provide input directly to the Board. Meetings are usually held via conference call. These organization categories also serve as a forum for program planning and marketing.
NCPIE’s structure is shown in the chart below.
Reap the benefits of NCPIE membership
- Access to and visibility with a distinguished network of medication communication experts and health policy makers in the U.S. and abroad.
- Opportunity to work collaboratively across multiple organizations to drive common public health goals.
- Opportunity to collaborate with NCPIE Federal Agency partners—FDA, SAMHSA—on educational programs and demonstrate your organization’s proactivity in patient and healthcare provider education.
- Enhance your organization’s commitment to appropriate medicine use as part of our esteemed NCPIE coalition.
- Gain visibility of your organization and its educational programs among NCPIE members; gain hyperlinks to your organization’s website and education programs via NCPIE’s BeMedWise.org website.
- Expand and enhance your organization’s educational content with the ability to post and share resources, toolkits and educational modules developed by the NCPIE; Repurpose or customize NCPIE-generated content for your own membership and stakeholders
- Cultivate recognition for your own health, compliance-promoting or safe medicine use campaign.
- Identify public policy trends related to medication safety and patient education.
- Receive NCPIE members-only bi-monthly e-newsletter—NCPIE E-News—to stay abreast of safe medicine use and health education issues and initiatives.
Submit your membership application
NCPIE’s annual membership year is January-December. New member applications are accepted year-round.
Membership fees are:
- $200 per year for public sector, consumer/patient advocacy groups, universities, state or regional managed care companies.
- $1,000 per year for non-profit health professional organizations and trade organizations; and local/regional for-profit companies.
- $8,250 per year for national and international for-profit companies.
Your annual NCPIE membership dues help support the development and dissemination of important educational programs that address key health issues, such as risk communication, patient safety/medication error reduction, adherence improvement, prescription drug abuse prevention and quality improvements in consumer medicine information.
Joining is easy
Fill out the Membership Application form and send it in along with your payment to:
National Council on Patient Information and Education (NCPIE)
200-A Monroe Street, Suite 212
Rockville, MD 20850-4844
Fax: (301) 340-3944
Please contact NCPIE if you have any questions. We look forward to welcoming your organization to our coalition!