Every day more and more Americans struggle with medication costs. As a result, people may face difficult choices. For example, paying for food or prescriptions. Often, uninsured Americans face the most difficulty. In fact, they usually have high medical bills they must pay on their own. However, NeedyMeds, a national nonprofit, is here to help. NeedyMeds offers healthcare savings resources for healthcare costs. Above all, NeedyMeds does this free and anonymously through a website (NeedyMeds.org) and the helpline (1-800-503-6897).
The most popular healthcare savings programs offered are:
- The NeedyMeds Drug Discount Card. This card may offer a discount of up to 80% for prescription medications, over-the-counter drugs, and medical supplies. Also, the drug discount card can help users save 40% on medical equipment. Additionally, the drug discount card is accepted at more than 65,000 pharmacies nationwide. Furthermore, it is available to everyone. It does not matter what your income is or whether you have insurance. There is no registration or personal information is required.
- Prescription Assistance Programs provide savings for brand name prescription medications.
- $4 Generic Discount Drug Program is a great resource for finding generic medications for a discount.
- Free/low-cost or sliding scale database for convenient and affordable locations for medical, dental, mental health or substance addiction clinics.
- Coupons & Rebates offers discounted over-the-counter drugs, prescription medicines and medical supplies.
- Diagnosis Based Assistance database where you can find programs that help for costs associated with specific diagnoses.
- Medical Transportation lists programs for assistance with medical transportation or travel expenses.
- Camps, retreats, recreational programs and educational scholarships for people of all ages living with specific diagnoses.
- Government Programs lists government funded healthcare programs – and other helpful resources – in your state.