Toolkits for all medicine takers and anyone striving to become more informed about their medicines and their health
In baseball, getting a base hit one out of three times at bat makes you a leading batter. Yet in life, if you are not taking your medicine exactly as instructed, and not aware or the potential side effects and drug interactions, you may be striking out and putting your health at unnecessary risk. Taking your medicines for as long as prescribed, at the right time and dose, and according to precise instructions, can help put you at the top of your game. Safe and smart medicine use assures the maximum beneficial impact of the medicines you take, and minimizes risk. This positions you for good health, life’s ultimate home run. These educational resources below will help keep you at the top of your game:
“BeMedWise about the medicines you take”
- Make Notes & Take Notes: Helpful steps to avoid medication errors
- Safe storage and disposal of your prescription and OTC medicines
- Your Medicine: Be Safe. Be Smart.
- Side Effects, Interactions, Adherence and More: 10 terms to know for medication safety
- 8 Simple Ways to Lower Prescription Drug Costs
- Talk Before You Take: resources to improve communications between you and your healthcare providers
- Talk About Your Medicines Month: materials to use year-round to stimulate conversation about a range of medicine use issues; themes and topics update each year.
- Medicines In My Home (with FDA): a multimedia educational program with videos, posters, infographics and more.