We are pleased to present our latest report, entitled Empowering Americans to Take Greater Responsibility for Their Health: A Roadmap for Building a National Self-Care Movement in the U.S. This report is a result of input provided by a panel of experts representing various stakeholder perspectives, and outlines six national priorities as they pertain to self-care and health literacy:
- Elevate self-care as an essential component of health care.
- Agree on a common definition of self-care to unite the public health community.
- Mount a unified and sustained national awareness campaign that empowers Americans to make self-care decisions at different life stages.
- Address the self-care information needs of Americans with low health literacy.
- Create a supportive environment for health professionals to advance self-care.
- Address roadblocks to greater self-care practices.
Find out more by clicking the report (full version) and links below: